We design successful onboarding experiences
Does your B2B technology company struggle to get customers up and running? Is your approach to customer on boarding too expensive, time consuming and draining for everyone involved? If you're responsible for driving account expansion and growth, ineffective onboarding is a show stopper.
Your company may have tried the brute force approach of hiring customer success managers but that's not scalable in the long run. You may have tried making improvements to product features and post-sale communications but the results have been incremental.
It's time to make some big bets to fix onboarding, but you lack confidence and buy-in around what those initiatives should be.
Onboarding journey design
During an 8-week consulting engagement we work directly with your customers and internal teams to map and re-think the onboarding journey. By taking a co-design approach we bust internal silos and get stakeholders bought in to a shared vision, grounded in direct customer feedback. Your team confidently walks away aligned on a roadmap of onboarding improvement initiatives that will move the needle.
This method is different.
- Human-centered, scrappy, and evidence driven - bringing design thinking and lean experimentation to customer onboarding
- See your company, products and services through your customers' eyes
- Look across product, service, sales and customer success silos - all touchpoints are in play
- Your team learns our methods while we deliver results
Our engagements are all tailored to our clients' needs. Here's an example of what one might look like:
- 8 weeks per customer segment
- In-depth persona interviews conducted virtually (eg. decision makers, technical administrators, etc)
- 3 day collaborative, onsite journey mapping workshop to build alignment, excitement and momentum
- Quantitative validation (aka survey) of top themes and ideas
- High fidelity journey maps and clear-cut, final business recommendations for senior executive consumption
- 3 people from your team ride-along to learn how to attack your next experience design challenge
Why Method Garage?
We lived this problem as former Customer Success & Services executives in large technology companies.
We understand what it takes to bridge internal silos. We make it fun and executive-grade.
We offer the perfect blend of teacher (moonlighting as Stanford d.school instructors) and consultant.
A couple examples of B2B Customer Journey work
While we can't show the extensive plumbing and electrical work behind the walls, we can show you the final paint shining on the walls. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for examples.